Confession time – I hurt my hand from playing Nintendo 😦 At the time I was also making a baby blanket for my cousin, so the blanket kind of ground to a halt.
Ok it wasn’t just that my hand/thumb was killing me – it was also the fact that I’d decided to make this blanket with stripes that encouraged me to put off picking it back up again. Don’t get me wrong – I love this blanket – it goes up lovely when you’re doing it all in the one colour. However, a different colour for every row is a pain in the bum! For the first few rows I didn’t weave in the ends – figuring I’d do it with the border – however I realised it was going to have to be done with each row if it was going to be well hidden.
On Friday night I dreamt that my cousin’s wife had, had a baby boy. This would have been a good thing ’cause I was making a blanket for a girl – this might have been my sub-conscience trying to ease my guilt. So although the plan for the weekend was to read I put it on hold and picked up hook & wool.
As I type I’ve got 50% of it done (no photo) – the fact that it’s 100 rows makes it easy to see your progress. I also decided to post updates on Instagram as I went along:
BTW the blanket is from this pattern: www.Lemonlaneblog.wordpress.com
If you do it – enjoy it.
I’ll post another photo this evening to show where I am by bed time.